Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a great deal on a trade for a supplemental ecu and injectors. Would this be useful along with the stock 5kt ignition/fueling. Would i still need a chip if i am going to up the boost with the supplemental deal.... or is there another way to overcome the fuel cutout. Anyone used this in conjuncgtion with the mac11c? Is there any issue with the hall sender on the 1 window (i thinnk) distributer. Any insight to the effectiveness of this controller with the mac11 would be greatly appreciated. What are the limits of the stock fueling with the added flow requirements of the extra injectors. Thanks for the help.

Jared

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hello Jared, yes, the SIC (Supplementary Injector Controller) is designed to do just that, add fuel to CIS and other factory injection systems. A Chip will only really do 2 things for you, modify the ignition timing maps or raise the boost using the stock boost control system. The SIC will not help you overcome the fuel cutout, only disabling the fuel cutout or reprogramming the Eprom will do that. IME, the stock fuel system starts running lean past 2.0 BAR, but you really need to determine if you are running lean and if you need more fuel, then add accordingly.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
,hey javad,can you give us a good source for the chips for the mac11's. I think I'll probably need one for my car I I'm still running the mac11.thanks,Derek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts