Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
that friggin' bites....since you adjusted the t-belt maybe You should gives the original Distro. a try for s&g's...I can shipped down to You if You want.

-C

·
Registered
682 Posts
Test (or replace with known good units) your engine speed sensor and crank position sensors. A google search for those two will lead you to some good info. Check your grounds as well. Also, do you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on, before attempting to crank it over?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toph said:
Test (or replace with known good units) your engine speed sensor and crank position sensors. A google search for those two will lead you to some good info. Check your grounds as well. Also, do you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on, before attempting to crank it over?
starting with a OEM replacment igintion switch tomorrow going to see where that leads me. I noticed that the speeds sensors all look new. (doesnt mean there good) but want to start with the simple stuff.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
any chance that the flywheel timing pin was damaged or broken?
Double checked distributor position and that it's not 180 degrees off?

Pull the #1 cylinder spark plug, put a dowel or some long enough to touch the cylinder top and visible from the outside. rotate the engine until the dowel is at its highest point sticking out, thats #1 TDC. Now check the distributor position, the #1 plug wire should be at about 8 o'clock position with you facing the distributor (firing order is 1, 2, 4, 5, 3, starting at about the 8 oclock position.

ECU codes would help you troubleshoot

·
Registered
435 Posts
Jordan, pin should be there I rang it out before with a mutlimeter dry cranking the motor...never saw any blink codes come up when I pulled them via the two molex plug under the dash.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for such a delay. Working 65+ hours aweek is getting old! I installed a OEM ignition switch. No change. ohm tested the crank sensors (good) Then it randomly started. I just bought a coil w/ignition module and going to try that next because there is no way to test it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.