Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought home the third Audi finally this past friday...My friends think I'm insane but My little wifey knows better...I'd be
more worried if I was buying parts cars for parts cars. huh? well it made more sense to Me before I typed it...it's a rainy
sunday and I need moar coffee.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes, its an addiction. Congrats! I want to convince my wifey to dump her Honda Odyssey for a nice S6 avant

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
In my hay day I had 6 registered and insured. And I was parting one car out or the other..... Crazy times!

That 200 u just got an air bagged MC2?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ronald G Wainwright+ said:
In my hay day I had 6 registered and insured. And I was parting one car out or the other..... Crazy times!

That 200 u just got an air bagged MC2?
Yup, it is...I just noticed that today when I was doing a intial clean and closer inspection. It needs some love and attention but the miles are
low by My standards, the underbody is in really great shape plus I finally have another audi again that won't need a "Team Door Handle" bumper
sticker...should have a starter swapped in by the end of the week.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some crappy pictures from today but You get the idea...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy Crap!! Threw a starter in from another MG'r, (Thanks Rob) connected wires....turned key and it just started right up as in it really just started up on the first try after
sitting for the better part of a year. Idle? Yup!! She settled right down and marked time like a friggin metronome. Everything works except the windows but that is a given
on a old Audi...shouldn't even have to mention that it's pretty much any Audi ya buy has a window isssue of one sort or another but then I digress...Anyway I'm Happy!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
jackason22 said:
Holy Crap!! Threw a starter in from another MG'r, (Thanks Rob) connected wires....turned key and it just started right up as in it really just started up on the first try after
sitting for the better part of a year. Idle? Yup!! She settled right down and marked time like a friggin metronome. Everything works except the windows but that is a given
on a old Audi...shouldn't even have to mention that it's pretty much any Audi ya buy has a window isssue of one sort or another but then I digress...Anyway I'm Happy!!
No problem man glad I could help. That's great you got her running! Kmack has some windows I believe I need one too hes selling me the driver rear if you need the others hit him up. Or anything he's selling t44 parts at a very fair price.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice, I think it's fuses orthe window master pod switch thing on the driver's side door....just glad it started, the rest is easy.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
I sold the stock 10vt wheels to a friend of mine for his B5 passat. He uses them as light weight wheels for his TDI. Hes trying to make the car super mpg efficient.

Those wheels look great on the passat though!

Thats a great find! wished i could find more around here...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your talking about the basket weaves? IDK...never been a huge fan of 'em but I actually do like them in the pearl color with the pearl body. Then again I didn't like the fuchs that came
with My 5KTQ until I took them off for the first and realized how light they really are and now I'm a big fan of them.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
if i found some fuchs down here id probably just sit on them. texas doesnt have much old audi

·
Registered
635 Posts
beautiful addition. love those pearl beauties.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slapped some plates on the 90 200 today at My Buddies house and drove it home 10-15 miles to the condo. Ran very nice except I figured out the alternator was giving up the ghost. Boost was very good and clutch was solid but the seat of My pants tells Me the 5K yanks way harder and the clutch grabs way quicker (remeber that from the first time I drove it.)...pretty sure it isn't OEM. Whoever had the 5K before Me was rumored to have dropped a good bit of coin on the engine internals and clutch...needless to say I'm happy anyways.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
ok i cant take it anymore :)

sorry, but i had to. every time i open MG, i see this post, and all i think of is this:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, I've had it stuck in My head since I was a kid....joy-joy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts