Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the TPS.

I'm using a V6 TB (w/TPS) since it matches the oval layout of my KX IM.
When I have the ECU turned on it shows my TPS starting at 10% and when I push the throttle all the way it shows 88%.

Is there a way to adjust it? or this is normal?

TIA,

Carlos.

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
That's normal, actually better that some. Mine reads 5% to 60%. It really doesn't matter, you just ignore the bins above and below the range your TPS reads. Some systems will have a "range" feature that calibrates the TPS to read full scale. I don't like them because if you ever went out of the calibration scale by the slightest little bit, it would fault.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Yes Carlos, as Jim says that's fine, consider 88% to be 100%, the %age value isn't as important as the fact that you consider the WOT cell to be WOT. I'd start your programming w/o TPS tuning for now, just put 0% for all the cells to get you started, in fact, on a race motor like yours I'd just program the ECU w/o the TPS mix, the TPS output will still be used for accel enrichment, but in a race motor the less you can rely on it the better, just use the MAP matrix to tune for part throttle, etc.

HTH,

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of this is not only a new tuning experience, but also a new factor on how I'll be driving.

When I had the CIS, I was in WOT condition almost all the time. If I let the CIS control the fueling I got so much variation (plate going up and down at each impact) that it sounded like I was limping. So, I had to keep my foot down.

Now, it seems that I'll be able to steer with the throttle, when before, LFB and biasing rear brakes were the only tools. :)

I'll have to adapt to it, but I really don't mind. :wink:

However, before all of this theory, I have to make the car run, right? 8)

Later and thanks,

Carlos.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Oh yes, whole new story, get that baby running :woowoo:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts