Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, before the Audi Club Laguna Seca Event this weekend, Eurospec Sport had an open house to show off the collection of race cars, etc. It was nice to be back to see the cars again (I worked there for 3 years) and I snapped some pics for ya'll to enjoy.

Steve (the owner) also brought the 2 TransAm cars out to the track, the sound was amazing as usual, the cars would spin all 4 tires coming out of turn 11 from 2nd to 4th gear, each shift talking about a second becuase of the lightening fast rev of the 10v race motor. Anyhoo, enjoy:

http://www.80tq.com/albums/?mode=album& ... psize=1280

(Notes: Notice the cooling passages below both the intake and exh. ports, these channel cold coolant around the comb. chamber directly, see machined coolant passages in both the block and head, another reason for the tiny bore)

Pics from Laguna (PS, few notes, that's me with my beater red Coupe that I terrorized S4tt's with =)

http://www.80tq.com/albums/?mode=album& ... psize=1280

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
javad....sniff....I love you man :D . those are the coolest pics, way better than some studio shot showcar. that stuff's the real deal. man. that is so cool. thanks for sharing. anybody else notice the big spider in the strut tower :wink: .
also javad, just how did you get that stylish cooling vent in your rear bumper ?

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Still sticking by your decision to leave? :)

awesome pictures javad. If it weren't for guys like you snapping pics of things like that I might never catch a glimpse of such rare beasts as that.

I'm with Derek, that rear 'cooling vent' is PHAT!

:)

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Damn this is a rare treat, a HUGE thanks for taking the time to both take the pics and post 'em for us mere mortals.

Thanks again buddy!

Wait... now nothing I do will ever be as drool inspiring as those cars, thanks, yeah, thanks a lot for ruining my dreams..... hope you're happy....

;)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, glad you like them, I knew you'd appreciate them, it was a pleasure to snap them. A lot of those pics are one's I've been regretting not taking for years =)

Ya, believe it or not, it was a good decision, I would never have gotten to start 034efi or build my 80 the way I have, believe it or not, being in the tuning industry can be a lot worse for your personal tuning than help it ;)

Ya, I got a second "daily driver" Coupe about 5 months back, it as too good a deal to pass up, 135k miles, $3k bucks, just needs a good was job and a rear bumper. Flogged it for 2 days hard at Laguna, just put gas in it...damn, I might be getting old.

Ya, those cars are just so beutiful, everything about them is perfect, they are a good archtype to hold when developing your own projects :D

We really need a "orgasm" emoticon for pictures like this, Nate??

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Javad....leave the sedan as the 10VT
and put the 20V in that
paint both red and do a group thrash sorta thing.
Hell ill send you mr WR block just for the fun of seeing 2 badasses
then you can show clients...10V,20V....10v...20v... :bashtard:

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Wiz, whats so much more special about the Coupe, besides it being heavier and not as stiff as the 80q?

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Wizard-of-OD said:
Javad?....where did you get a coupe guy?
in north america, we have these things called news papers with
advertisements, and there's a really famous website among the audi folk called AudiFans, plus the usual word of mouth, and the fact that javad lives in the bay area, a place filled with rather ritzy and preppy people who, in the year 1990 had to have the latest and greatest coupe audi had to offer (i'm sure theres at least 2 maybe 3 in his area :p ), also I'm sure he has plenty of connections among the audi tuning guys at eurospec, his local customers, buddies that keep an eye out for him, maybe he has a reputation at some local tuning places for being affectionate for the audi. other than these things mentioned, i too cannot see how he found a car like that :wink: . I think the last time i looked in my local autotrader about two weeks ago, there was 3 or 4 of those things in there, and I would put my money on the fact that unbeknownst to us audi dudes, audi headquarters in germany approved the reproducing of many more 1990 model coupe quattros, aging them appropriately and then distributing them among our midst 8) ...........

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I'd like to see your data showing the CQ to be less stiff than the B3 sedan ;-) Its not like the CQ shares a common floor pan with them, it doesn't. Its chassis/floor pan has more bracing to it IIRC.

Anyway, my CQ has a curb weight of right around 3100lbs w/the 7A, full interior, and all accessories/options. You can get the car to weigh less than that if you go with manual seats and windows, and change the rear bumper out to euro-spec (I cut weight by going to a lighter steel B4 hood and S2 front bumper, cutting more by removing the AC and hopefully removing some with the 10vt swap, plus moving the battery).

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem Jim Greene :lol:

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
cuatrokoop said:
I'd like to see your data showing the CQ to be less stiff than the B3 sedan ;-).
:oops:
My bad then, I coulda sworn I heard that from some of the guys on the 20v list, and that a rear strut bar helps in the CQ, where is essentially just bling on the sedans (the b3's at least).

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
just a thought, javad, how do you think your header compares to the imsa header on the 10V engine? better or worse? is yours based on the specs/measurements of that one at all?

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No concrete measurements, but I believe it would be very close in performance, same basic diameter, smaller volume collector, I'm confident that that header is good to over 600hp, I know at 400hp it wasn't near the limiting factor.

I know mine is much tougher, those TA headers are full of repair welds 8)

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I've never felt that the CQ was any significant amount less stiff than the B3 sedans. I've had both. The rear bar in the CQ stops the hatch squeak (which is caused by a miniscule amount of movement, we're talking very small movement, if the hatch moved a thousandth or two at the latch I'd be surprised, noise is metal on metal at the latch catch), I never really heard many other benefits from those that installed them. Do the "jack one corner of the car up, then open the door" test, then shut the door and continue to jack it up until you get the entire side of the car off the ground. Do the same on a sedan. Not much different, BTDT. The difference between the two (especially in driving), IMO, is moot. That is what I was trying to say ;-)

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Weeee, nice to see that these cars getting pushed around like that :-D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts