Automobiles Forum banner

Tuning document

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  iduaobrut 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just tried to download the tuning manual from 034 but it wont open for some reason. Could someone e-mail it to me in a PDF by any chance?
I just got my 4kq garage sale turbo running today so I need to start tuning it.
The started messing with the scaler and the offset a bit. Its been a long time since I've played with the EFI stuff.

Thanks!
Aaron

#2 ·
What are you trying to open it with, or was it not even downloading at all?

I just tried it and it came through fine. Granted it is in Word .doc format, but it cam through, and MS Wordpad can open and view it. If I have time later I'll convert it to PDF, along with the other documentation and post them.

#5 ·
Hey Aaron, I'd suggest starting with a scaler of about 12 and an offset of about 0-.5, I'd try to keep the offset under .5 and use the scaler value to get things spot on for WOT, then use the matrix and TPS mapping to dial idle and part throttle fueling, lemme know if you have any questions.

#6 ·
Thanks guys! This forum is a great. I'm going to cancel my q-list subscription.
I think I've learned all there is to know about car wax..haha.
I havent tuned the rally car in a long time so I'm a tad rusty with the efi stuff.
I'll keep you posted on what happens. Anyone going to the LSPR rally in Michigan? I'm heading up this week to crew for a Subi-rat open class car.If your at the Library in Houghton yell Aaron and I'll buy you a beer!

Later

#7 ·
You bet, let us know how we can help. How is the rally car these days, Paul still driving it? Man, he really need a Stage IIc system for that beast, can you imagine, direct fire coils =)

#8 ·
Yes! IIc would be great in the rally car. We decided to take a break from rally for the season so Paul could work on the Hillclimber. Its starting to look like a real mean machine. I think its going to be the only tube frame Hillclimber
with a quattro drivetrain in the world? 500hp 20vt...allwheel drive.......1500#
curb weight...= one fast machine! We've been talking about taking it to Pikes peak this year to see what it can do. We'll be in Denver next week checking it
out.

Aaron

#9 ·
Very cool, keep me posted! The Pikes Peak is pretty insane, I went out there a few years ago, its freightening just to drive up it at 10mph, can't imagine drifing those turns :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.