1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many upgrades like the Porsche set
Using the RS brackets and A8 rotors

What are the factory replacements?
Someone said they are the same as a G 60 Corrado???
I have a dyno session tomorrow
And a track event on Saturday
Please help

·
Registered
398 Posts
G60 is the caliper designation, not related to car. Some audi 200's came with em, 5000 turbos, the cq too, urs4, you can get em re manned for pretty cheap. Not sure what to use as discs, 200's should work. I could be wrong but they should fit over the current rotors. They are made for 276mm rotors tho. You could also use the a4 option with bigger a8 rotors, check here: http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_s ... brake.html. I've only done rears atm on mine with vented 200 discs and v8 calipers. Not a big difference till i changed pads then it was light and day.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Corrado G60s refer to the larger, single piston calipers found on supercharged (and maybe VR6 ones goo?) and are totally different than Audi G60 two piston calipers. If the URQ fronts are single pistons than by way of parts bin engineering would make sense they could be the same. FYI I have no real idea if URQ/Rado calipers are same but Rado pads should be readily availible locally to try at least. And their rotors are 4x100

·
Registered
398 Posts
vt10vt said:
Corrado G60s refer to the larger, single piston calipers found on supercharged (and maybe VR6 ones goo?) and are totally different than Audi G60 two piston calipers. If the URQ fronts are single pistons than by way of parts bin engineering would make sense they could be the same. FYI I have no real idea if URQ/Rado calipers are same but Rado pads should be readily availible locally to try at least. And their rotors are 4x100
A Corrado G60 is the model with a 8v with a supercharger, a Corrado g60's calipers are G54 calipers not the dual piston g60 calipers that are the more common upgrade.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah I know I owned one, but a lot of people in the vw world still refer to them as 'G60' calipers, the way the OP worded it he was clearly talking about the Rado calipers which is why I posted about them, he never mentioned Audi G60's so I wasn't really sure why you brought up all that info about 'real' G60's...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.