Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
My guess is low fluid or like said above, wrong fluid. Check for leaks. Mine was doing the same and it was the big + screw on top that was leaking.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I was under the impression that it was really hard to have air stuck in the hydralic system. I was thinking that maybe the previous owner used the 7.1 or something and some 11 got mixed in or vise versa.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine will intermittently make a groaning noise only when turning to the right at about 5-10 mph. When I do circles in the parking lot to try to duplicate the noise, it won't make any noise at all. Crazy Audis!

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yodasfro said:
Is your high pressure pump to rack hose factory or rebuilt?
rebuilt by tubes and hoses. they said the got the original restrictor in there. it was just barely doing it before I had the hose rebuilt, for about a day. I took the hose off and had it rebuilt and after putting it back together and adding fluid, it groans pretty bad. so, I do not not if it is a hose issue, air getting in while hose was off issue, or other. is not there a valve or something that provides variable assist on these? are those reliable? My mechanic buddy says it is acting like a pressure control valve is kinda fluttering....(I think that is how he described it) that makes me wonder about the variable assist "valve" causing this. pretty suspicious how it got way worse once the hose was swapped though.

·
Administrator
12,595 Posts
My guess they didn't put the original restictor in there and that's what's causing it. Servotronic valve is the small cube with the electrical connector on the rack where it enters the firewall. You can either unplug it or remove the relay to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
290 Posts
check for leaks for the power brake lines too

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
after a high pressure hose swap what do they normally sound like? I mean, do they get some air in them and sound like what I described?
I do not want to blame the hose restrictor because they specifically told me they got the original one in there. Of course, that does not mean that all things are back to equal since it is a different chunk of hose now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.