Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, could you tell me which hoses you kept after install the 034?

There are some obvious ones, like the one to the brake booster.

This is my list of connections/hoses that need to be there.

1. Vacuum to Brake Booster
2. Vacuum to 034
3. Vacuum to distributor
4. Manifold to IAC
5. IAC to Intake
6. Crankcase Breather
7. Valve cover Breather
8. Vacuum to Fuel Pressure Regulator
9. ???

Did I missed any?

How do you guys do with the visual part of the smog inspection?

Last one. Do your injectors pop in and out of the fuel rail and head inserts too easy? I thought they would require some elbow grease like the CIS ones.

Thanks,

Carlos.

BTW. Thanks for the inputs on the fuel rail brackets.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sounds like you have all the Vac lines. The injectors should push in to the head ,and the rail to injectors fairly easy. Make sure you don't pinch the
O-rings on the rail. I did and it leaked all over my rusty manifold.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sounds like you have all the Vac lines. The injectors should push in to the head ,and the rail to injectors fairly easy. Make sure you don't pinch the
O-rings on the rail. I did and it leaked all over my rusty manifold.

Aaron

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
I'll continue on this this thread with a question. WTF are you guys using for breather hoses? I've tried heater hose and silicone heater hose and both of of them seep. The Aeroquipe socketless hose works well, but it doesn't lend itself well to stretching over odd size tubbing. Any ideas of stuff like heater hose that doesn't seep oil?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was using heater hoses, but now I'm going to silicone. After all, we all know that silicone is faster.

Do you use clamps on all you hoses?

How are your engine mounts?

With the amount of power you are making, I'm sure the engine is rocking side to side, and this is a source of problem.

Another source of problem is proximity to heat. Are the problematic hoses close to a source of heat?

Later,

Carlos

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Do you use clamps on all you hoses?
Yes

How are your engine mounts?
Ok, I have been through one pass side mount already though.

With the amount of power you are making, I'm sure the engine is rocking side to side, and this is a source of problem.
It's not to bad, the mount you have to watch is the snub mount. You want that thing secure when at full tilt.

Another source of problem is proximity to heat. Are the problematic hoses close to a source of heat?
I use insulation on the oil cooler lines, and the coolant lines going to the turbo, other than that, a few heat shields here and there do the job.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I use radiant heat tubing. I have a bunch of scarp at work Jim if you want to give it a shot. The stuff is pretty tough,and never leaks in my junker.
I would be glad to send you a chunk. Its 3/8"I.D.

Aaron

oh yea its black

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey, what's so critical about the snub mount, i had to abolish mine for the new front cross member. is that a no-no? i didn't really think about it at the time.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
well guys, i don't have the priviledge of having so much room to work with, but i try to figure something out, and i'll get a pic of it.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
well, at first i used to stock 200 snub and it was too long so i cut it , then decided that it maybe was not needed and then just left it out. but i still have the stock one, but if i nee another I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks. never know if i wanna go snubber crazy

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can also use a "racing" one for the A1 from Techtonics.

I have one in my parts bin, and it is harder than my 17 years old one. :wink:

Later,

Carlos.

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
I use radiant heat tubing. I have a bunch of scarp at work Jim if you want to give it a shot. The stuff is pretty tough,and never leaks in my junker.
I would be glad to send you a chunk. Its 3/8"I.D.
Thanks Aaron, I've got some good 3/8" oil line. I'm really looking for some good 3/4" stuff. I'm just going to stick with the silicone. It's super easy to work with and only weeps a tiny bit, just enough to discolor it a little.

Oh, hey Carlos, when I said I clamp all the hoses, I meant the large ones. The little 1/8" guys on barbed fittings never come off without clamps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts