Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the vin on my 89 90Q??? there is a place where it looks like it should be on the drivers side on the front of the dash, but i cant read it, and it dosent look like there is anything there.....is it any other place on the car??? I need to order some cv boot kits and they are referenced by vin number thus the need for it....thanks

http://www.blauparts.com/Transmission/o ... nd_jnt.htm

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i got what looks like the vin from the drivers side b pillar, but it dosent make sence with what blau is saying on the website....anyone got any ideas on which one i should order or need????

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ka247644...so the 3rd one down???? of the 80/90 section?

· Registered
433 Posts
ETKA says part# 895-498-203 (no suffix) is a "CV boot with attachment parts and grease, outer, for type 89 K-177860 onward". ETKA thinks this car has the 7A 20v engine, right? The part# has a "A" suffix for the earlier builds...

If I read Blau's website correctly, (and they're usually pretty specific listing the models the parts fit), they don't carry the one you need. You might call them to double-check, if you're set on ordering from Blau... or try some other places (looks like Autohausaz only has the A suffix part, hmm...)

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ugh....dont really care about blau or not. but i definately want to get the right parts.....i will make some calls tomorrow to see what i can find out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts