Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the ecu? Or do you get coilpacks and other stuff? Just to convert my 10v to efi using the IIc should cost me around $2000 in parts I am guessing. I need to add it all up and start saving. :)

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
What you will get with the ECU is all the neccessary wire to make your own engine harness, and the pins and assmblies to connect to the 034 ECU itself. You will need all the sensors, injectors, and coils (as well as all the appropriate connectors to plug into them) to make things work.

The coil on plug units are on ebay quite regularly, I picked up 8 COP's for a '93 droF Rustang Cobra on ebay for ~60 or so. You need the 'regular' two pin type, with a constant +12v feed, and a ground signal trigger.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Don't have the picture handy, but I got all the connectors for my COP packs off of a late 90's ford truck that had the same coilpacks on the Triton V8 engine (I think thats what they're called).

Oh yeah, look out for shards of glass as you reach blindly around in junkyard engine bays, managed to shave a nice sharp shard up my thumb as I was trying to get to the last connector :x :x :x

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Yes, Nate is correct, the ECU itself, color coded wiring and ECU connectors and pins. Everything else can be sourced for as cheaply or expensively as you like, that's why I don't bother trying to provide other more "universal" components since everyone does things so differently. I also offer all sensors and hardware to go with the system if you'd like to purchase it through me, I can put together a package deal for you.

Let me know how I can help.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
will the coil packs from the newer 1.8t audis and vws work with the system? I'm assuming they're bosch units.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Any 3-wire coil should be compatible, some newer 4+ wire coils actually have the ignition driver built into the coil, so that isn't compatible w/o some customization of the ECU, but stick to 3 wire or 2 wire and you should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts