Local car came up for sale.

Emerald Green
RS2 Turbocharger and Manifold.
Other small (supporting) mods.
185,000 miles.
Well maintained.
$5000

Been reading a lot on here and QW.

Aside from the obvious (timing belt, water pump, oil leaks, etc), anything C4 specific I should keep an eye out for?

Anything important not covered in the s-cars.org buyer's guide (http://s-cars.org/site/the-c4-audi-s4-s6-urs4s6-buyers-guide-2010-edition/)?

Is $5000 a reasonable price?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Personally the heater core...I had one blow up on a test drive. You seem to have it down. Generally if it has a stack of receipts... Good to go. Leaks smoke etc... Has the car been taken care of or beat like a teen driven sti?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Family owned car since new.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it has been beat on. I think it still has the clutch, which would support that it has been driven with care.

The car is being sold because the owner purchased a C5 RS6.

·
Registered
686 Posts
You "should" be safe with an enthusiast owned car. We all know they are great cars if taken care of. I would expect Audi electrical gremlins.

meh. said:
Family owned car since new.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it has been beat on. I think it still has the clutch, which would support that it has been driven with care.

The car is being sold because the owner purchased a C5 RS6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.