Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting more Ti stock in, should be on its way to us tomorrow. The first two sets (one for me, one for Derek) should be machined middle of next week with what we have on hand. Cost I think Rusty said would be $75. He also said that our 10v retainers are more complex than the 12v variant. Had to make a custom boring bar and everything.

Also, the person I was trying to get ahold of about the SS and Inconel valves is either out of town. If I don't get an email from them by tomorrow AM, another person that works there told me to call him and we can get it worked out over the phone. I'll make that call before I start on the A6Aq's transmission service...

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
If you can get me 2 sets for my 20v I'm in, I could send him a stock seat to use, I believe the main difference is the 7mm stem vs. 8mm for 10v.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Javad: Can do on the 20v bits. If you have a loose retainer/seat, send it out here, otherwise I'd have to take one of my 7A heads apart (which I'm not quite ready to do right now).

You can email me for the address...

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK guys....First two sets are going to be finished up soon. They are looking pretty good ;-) Should be able to have pics of the finished product by Saturday I'd think.

Also looks like we just got more Ti in this morning, good size rod of it too (couple feet of it)...

We have stuff to do 10v and 12v retainers (like I said in other posts, they are different), and I'll be pulling one of my 7A heads apart this weekend so feasibly we could also do 20v/20vt retainers from Ti as well.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marc, that is correct. It's going to be $7.50 per retainer, so for a 20v/20vt you'd be at $150.

Like I said, I should be able to post pics of the 10vt retainers this weekend...

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Ok, I'm in :woowoo:

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool...

So, Derek, Jim and I are in for 10v/10vt 8mm retainers and Marc (& Javad?) are in for 20v/20vt 7mm retainers. The first 20 8mm's should be finished later today. I'll take the 7A head apart either Sat or Sun, so those can be started on sometime shortly.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey, eric, your buddy rusty wants to know who all wants retainers for 10vers, so i put me down for one set, and i gave him Jim's email. anyone else in for another set better hurry and find some dough while he's setup for spittin' em' out of "the machine" :D

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey jim, i think i missed one of those r's, sorry :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts