1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
398 Posts
These dumbasses only made it because both(car and bus) were on very low speed and they hit the bus on the corner. Ten more MPH or a more frontal hit and we wouldn't be seing it (camera would be somewhere in the bus).

I'm still perplexed that are people that can obtain a drivers license and still not use a belt. There is no excuses, but still every other day someone dies for such a stupid thing.

I'm still shocked with the image.

No wonder I tie down my 5 point harness to the point that I can't put my finger between the belt and me.

Later,

Carlos.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow. Talk about luck. Obviously a susbstantial hit, notice how it wrinkled up the dashboard? :eek:

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
i've seen that clip a while ago when it first got on sportbilen.com, almost made mad, i mean, what's the piont of goofing off like that if your not goona wear a belt............but,

i can agree with a good belt system,it's been proven over and over in coutless racing accidents, but the thing that's kinda funny is, when my dad was about 19-20 he lived in southern sweden and he had a little Mini that he put a 1600cc engine in from a bigger model morris. well, you can imagine the hot rodding that little booger could do!

and so the road that my dad lived on was gravel and he would rally drift and such everyday coming home, which was late in the evening. one day there had been some digging in the road and when the dirt was put back in, it left a dip for some guys innocent sliding tires to catch :( , well, guess whose tires that was....my dads, it flipped the car around and he shot sorta out up a little incline and the car hit a tree, he (no belt) went through the windshield out, over a hedge, knocked out cold for 5 hours til' the nearest by neighbors dog found him early in the morning.

the car, after hitting the tree, rolled back down the incline across the road and caught on fire (as the fuel pump was electric and never shut off) and continued to burn to a crisp. since he was just getting off work at the time, he had his work shoes and clothes laying on the seat next to him, and when the fire department finally arrived to put out this flaming car, that's all they found, they looked all around but couldn't find my dad, so they assumed he burnt with the car......hehehe, this is where the story gets really cool. it was still early enough to get the scoop into the local news paper when the accident had first happened (I think about 11:00pm) and his folks had already been called that he died in this car wreck and the newspaper printed that he perished in the accident, so my dad, has his own obituary :p .

now, how he made it through the windshield of a mini with enough velocity to make it over some bush, is a miracle. i guess God's death appoinment with my dad was bumped up to later in life, and i'm grateful for that :wink:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
WOW...amazing story Derek, seriously. Not much else to say...

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
heh, yeah, i'm glad it wasn't my story. he said that his knees were so swollen that they had to cut his pants off. he has some pics of the car, but they're on slides. if i get a chance, i'll see about getting a pic that can be posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts