Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yo,

I'm looking for a wideband o2 sensor for my 034 junker. Any BTDT on the subject. I bet the wizard of od has a cousin in Zimbabwe that has them for
$.50,but I would prefer to get one locally. HAHAHA sorry wiz ,but I had to say it............

Thanks GUys,
Aaron

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm actually just looking for the sensor itself.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm actually just looking for the sensor itself.

Aaron

·
Registered
5 Posts
the innovative kit is indeed awesome. I'm looking to use that with an FMU for the fine tuning, however, the innovative doesn't necessarily work with the standalone and therefore that's why I preach the use of the plx for use with the stage II
issuez

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hey, just to clarify on what you mean that the innovative unit won't work w/a standalone - A nice feature of the innovative (and many others out on the market) is that the interpolate the wide band output into a 0-1v output, which means you can feed this into the 034 closed loop programming and have essentially a wide-band closed loop control system.

Is that what you mean, that the PLX system can do that too? The innnovative unit is priced well at around $300, and its portable which means that moving it from one car to another to do tuning is more simple. I agree, the PLX system looks nice too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I could be totally wrong but I didn't see any provisions on the LM-1 to work with the standalone. But I have been wrong before. That innovate is indeed an awesome and very user friendly.
issuez

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Is there going to be a wideband 0-5v input for the 034efi in the future? I would think that it would give more resolution then having a 0-1v input.

Justin

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Is there going to be a wideband 0-5v input for the 034efi in the future? I would think that it would give more resolution then having a 0-1v input.

Justin

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
We may in the future, its something on the drawing board. Realistically, however, the resolution of 0-5v isn't necessarily, practically speaking, going to give that much more resolution. If the wide band controller is interpolating the 0-1v accurately, down to one hundredth of a volt, the 034ECU processor will easily process that sort of information accurately.

The biggest trick with going wideband is all the hardware it takes to drive the sensor which won't likely ever be contained into the 034ECU.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
If anyone is interested..The innovative unit is on Ebay. I think the site lists them as 350, and they are on ebay fore 319 and there are 5 avalible at last glance. Just thought i would share. I would buy if i wansn't giving all my money to Javad :wink:

Hank

·
Registered
2 Posts
So if I understand correctly, to run 034 with the Innovative unit you have to get the optional analog output cable to convert it to a 0-1V narrow-band sensor signal?

Has anyone bought the unit off e-bay? I think the price is the same directly from the company or off e-bay.

Thanks,

Gillez

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Yes, the cable is simply a 3.5mm mini-plug with pigtails, available at Radio Shack for a few bucks.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I think the Innovative unit on Ebay are Inovatives last version which does NOT include data loggin, which is a drag. I think i like the new Turbo XS unit though. It is a sidespin off the inovative one, but with some rad features. Look it up.

Hank

1 - 20 of 48 Posts