Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some wheels I like but I'm not sure if they will fit my car. The wheel is the ESM004, 18 x 9; ET 15; 5 x 114.3 with a 3" lip. I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried fitting a wheel with this width and offset on a 200 before. I want to run 265/35R18 tires on these wheels and I'm not against rolling the fenders or even pulling them. I'm just interested in seeing how this will look and if it will work. Opinions?
http://esmwheels.com/access/esm-004-sl-18-p-98.html

Attachments

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
17x8 ET 30 with 255/40R17s rub in the back under cornering. Those rims would stick out another 28mm/1 inch and have a slightly wider tire. I don't see any way you would make those work. That, and they are also the wrong bolt circle. 5x114.5 is Nissan. Audi is 5x112.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Highly doubt it. For reference, the wheels I have on my 200 right now are 17x9 ET24 with 225's on them. With an ET of 15 you will be on the cusp of putting the edge of the rim into the fender. At ET20 right now, I just barely clear the fender. The front will be your limiting factor. When I had crazy stretched tires on the back of my 200 (18x10.5 ET20 with a 235) I cleared the fender but just barely. If I had run a 'proper' tire size it would not have worked at all. With that same setup I had 18x8.5 ET20 with a 215 tire on the front and that was right at the edge of the front fender. Again, a proper sized tire would have rubbed.

Yes you could fit the wheel, but you better not run anything bigger than a 225 8)

I am now running 5x114.3 wheels by way of stepped down lug studs (M14x1.5 to M12x1.5), wobble lug nuts and hubcentric rings to get the mustang center bore wheel to fit my Audi hub.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You will need to roll the arches and i believe that it's still rubbing with265'.you might need to stretch tyres.i dont see the reason to run et+15. I believe you could find the same wheel with proper
Offset.it looks like the wheel is bbs lm reps.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
no way with et 15 and not way 265. 114.3 is no problem with wobble bolts. I have some 17x9s for sale with a good offset. I will sell them super cheap and they are new, never even opened, and in the box.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some research on the wheel I was interested in and it is gravity cast which is the least desirable wheel manufacturing method if one is concerned about durability and weight. I am looking at other options. Based on what everyone has said regarding the 9" with et 15, I am guessing that 18 x 8.5 with et 25 and 265/35R18 would fit. Yes, no, maybe so?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
A 255 on a 8 inch wide ET30 wheel is tight and right at the limit of what I would say works. 8.5" ET 25 moves the wheel out another 11.35mm and it's a wider tire on top of that. It will fit under the car, but it's going to rub unless you do some massaging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.