Automobiles Forum banner

WTB MS1 or MS2 ecu.

708 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DE80q 
#1 ·
I have been planning to run an old ECU032 for fuel only control, but turns out you need a 5 window dizzy to run the system, and then a 1 window for the MAC11. not going to work.

So not I am looking into going with the megasquirt system. I know the MS1 and MS2 units will be able to control the fuel and 5 window dizzy ignition so I would like to start there. This way I can at least get my car running. If you happen to have one that you no longer need, let me know how much you want. Shipping would be to 17403.

Thanks for looking :dur:

#3 ·
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know.

#4 ·
I seem to recall reading 'somewhere' that a 5 window distributor WILL work on a mac 11.

The thought behind that may have been is that the ECU is only looking for 'one of the hall windows' to be synched correctly with the pin trigger when starting (in order to figure out the firing stroke), then never looks at the hall sender again (so won't matter if there are 'exra' hall window events)

Something you may want to verify?

Also.. You can pick up the 'equivilent' to 5 window signal (ie, snag the signal going from the ECU to the coil, instead of trying to get it directly off the one window distributor)

#5 ·
Anyone have one here before I buy the one from vortex?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.