Automobiles Forum banner

just wanna say hello

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  clefftoby 
#1 ·
Hi

My name is Andreas and i live in austria/europe ( so sorry for my schoolenglish ). I found this site over www.80tq.com, which is an very amazing site. I have much respect for the project and work there!!

About my audi:
I started with an old 80 1,8 Liter, but changed to an 80 B4 V6 2,8 quattro ( my projectcar now ). I selled the 1,8, and bought an s2 Coupe later.

My daily driver is an old typ85 audi 80, with 1,6l carburator and 4-gear tranny - i love it, its so simple...

At first, i also want to modify my s2 coupe, like most of people do it here in europe. BUT, im the 2nd owner of the car ( first one was an 75 year old man ), it has never seen any chip or some other tuning, and it IS an rare s2 coupe, if its stock.

So, i didnt really had a choice, my v6 started for project GT. Another reason was, that no one ( ok, only a handfull people ) ever tried to tune the v6 with turbo, supercharger or more here in europe, so i started to do that.

My first goal is to get about 250 hp ( crank ) of the stock engine. I wanna decrease the compression ( with 2nd headgasket ) and put an t4/04 garrett on it. And im going to order the 034 stageII c programmable ecu.
If the project runs fine, ill build up my 2nd 2,8 engine with race-parts, and then get some more boost :D ( without much risk ).

Im sure, ill ask you a lot of questions in the future, but you can ask me to, if u want to know something ( maybe about my website? ).

If you need some special parts from europe, it shouldnt be a problem to ship them to the usa.

greetings
Andreas_AUT

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard, I think I can speak for some others here as well, and say you've got some nice machinery there!

Those of us on this side of the pond rarely ever get to even see a true S2/RS2, nevermind own one.

Good stuff, and can't wait to hear about the V6 project, sounds a lot like the path I'm taking with the V8. Make it work cheap first, make sure it holds up, then build a real motor.

#5 ·
yes, welcome!

austria is a good place....KTM's and a girl that i know are there :-D

#10 ·
newt said:
Welcome aboard, I think I can speak for some others here as well, and say you've got some nice machinery there!

Those of us on this side of the pond rarely ever get to even see a true S2/RS2, nevermind own one.

Good stuff, and can't wait to hear about the V6 project, sounds a lot like the path I'm taking with the V8. Make it work cheap first, make sure it holds up, then build a real motor.
@all
Thx for the nice welcome-greetings.

@newt
Hmm, i thought that in usa r only 10vTurbo, 20vTurbo, V6 and V8 engines, i didnt know, that S2/RS2 are so rare.

It is the first goal for me, that the project should be as cheap as possible, but it also should hold it up. as you wrote. Later, i can always change some parts for better one.

@yodasfro
Which one? :) You have also good parts there in the usa, like the carbon hood. No one´s gonna produce that here, because it would cost to much in the production ( larbor is expensive ). And our ex- pact neighbours arent rich enough to produce this ( or lets say it will take some time, to grow up on liftetimestandards like we have ).

So, i have some good questions, but ill start a new topic, when im at home ( im in work now ).

Andreas_AUT

#11 ·
I'm lookin for some s2/rs2 stuff. Like rs2 mirrors if you can find a deal on them. I'm also lookin for the rs2 front crossmember with the intercooler piping in it. Oh yeah and the rear half of an 80 estate wagon. Some other stuff too see what you can find and shoot me a pm. Thanks Austin

#12 ·
Andreas_AUT said:
@newt
Hmm, i thought that in usa r only 10vTurbo, 20vTurbo, V6 and V8 engines, i didnt know, that S2/RS2 are so rare.
Very rare birds. Audi never brought them over here for sale. The only real ones here are special imports, or racing machines, and not able to be registered for road use.

#15 ·
Thx wizard.

Oh, the old story about the RS2 side mirrors :)
I got a pair, but believe me, there are so many people here and everyone wants a pair on his 1,8L audi :wtf:

But RS2 Frontbumper is cheap, not the original one, but reproduction of the original one - just look at www.ebay.de -- keyword: RS2 Stoßstange

I havent found the site of the cabrio tuner in germany, but he put the side mirrors from the audi TT on his 80, and it really looks great!!
I have a picture from an audi with mazda ( miata in us? ) mx5 mirrors on.

About the rear half of an 80, i have an audi 80 avant in my garage. Its only for parting out. There were a little front crash ( 60 km/h on a stone-side-wall, height up to the door handle ), but im sure, it would be much cheaper to search a damaged ( or even undamaged ) car in the usa than shipping this old audi to usa :D

Hmm, there is a good adress for you about RS parts: www.totsteile.ch
His name is Tobias Tschopp and he lives in swiss. He is his own chief now, and buys undamaged cars ( like some rs2, s2 and so on ) and gonna part them out ( i cry when i see this cars, they have low km on it, looking good on the photo ). Because he will get more money if hes parting it than selling the whole car.

So, i have to go to bed now. Ive free the next two days, in some parts arrived today. Im gonna show you some pictures tomorrow, if you like to see it.

good night
Andreas_AUT

#17 ·
Hi again after... years :D

Well, I never finished the project tbh and went to Porsche. I drove an 944 as daily driver for 13 years ( summer/winter ) and bought an 930 a few years ago.
Since I have an Santa Fe now as daily driver, my thoughts about supercharging came back... well i mean i still ahve that 034 Stage 2C in the garage. And to be honest, I was wondering if i can still find some manuals / how to use that stage 2 C ( and if its still the number 1 EFI ) :D

Cheers
Andi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.