Automobiles Forum banner

Motorgeek Map!

111K views 139 replies 61 participants last post by  Paracaidista2.7T 
#1 ·
Hey guys, seems you wanted one, so I've spent the morning setting one up for y'all.

In your profile you'll now see some additional fields. Go ahead and punch in your US zip code, if you've got one, otherwise lat./long. will put down a marker on the map as well. If you don't wanna be included on the map just leave them all blank.

Check out the map here :)

#3 ·
Wow!

Really, really cool!

Now if you could, please share with me the format that the lat/long has to be in to work? :)

I've tried entering it in both decimal and Min/Seconds format, with and without the trailing N and W. Can't get it to work..

I'm sure it's simple, once we know the secret handshake!

Thanks,

#5 ·
Katman said:
Wow!

Really, really cool!

Now if you could, please share with me the format that the lat/long has to be in to work? :)

I've tried entering it in both decimal and Min/Seconds format, with and without the trailing N and W. Can't get it to work..

I'm sure it's simple, once we know the secret handshake!

Thanks,
Decimal, with - denoting West/South. So my Lat/Long in Maine would be
Latitude: -70.705690
Longitude: 43.874417

#8 ·
quattrofrog said:
um... how do I add my location, I normally dont refer to my location using latitude and longitudinal coordinates.
newt said:
Go ahead and punch in your US zip code, if you've got one
:wink:

#10 ·
Zordok said:
The indent on the city name is not set. Right now it overlaps the avatar image, which when people have a black background on their avatar, renders it... less useful. :)
All looks fine to me, what 3rd world browser are you using? :p

#12 ·
So put it in your profile, under the big red bold text denoting that that zip code field is for the map :p

#14 ·
SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notif' at line 2

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = [email='phil.becker@gmail.com]'phil.becker@gmail.com[/email]', user_icq = '', user_website = '', user_occ = 'Audi Parts Consultant', user_from = 'NJ', user_zip = '07052', user_lng = '', user_lat = '', user_interests = '', user_vehicle = '', user_vehicle_engine = '', user_vehicle_power_adder = '', user_vehicle_weight = '', user_sixty_foot = '0', user_ET_Eighth = '0', user_MPH_Eighth = '0', user_ET_Quarter = '0', user_MPH_Quarter = '0', user_hometrack = '', user_sig = '-Phil 96 A4 2.8qms lightly seasoned 98 A4 2.8qt Avant all natural flavor', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '3d7c1c9fe0', user_viewemail = 1, user_aim = 'beqteq', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '', user_attachsig = 1, user_allowsmile = 1, user_autospell = , user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_timezone = -4, user_dateformat = 'D M d, Y g:i a', user_lang = 'english', user_style = 3, user_active = 1, user_actkey = '' WHERE user_id = 320

Line : 548
File : usercp_register.php

#16 ·
Any better now? I just played with the table in the info tabs a little bit. I can't replicate the problem here so i dunno what you guys are on about :p

#17 ·
Ahh, wait I see it now. Firefox is doing weird things on one of the computers here, odd that it works perfectly on all the other.... it'll be fixed up in a jiffy

#24 ·
Anyone happen to know what the_natrix is doing off in the Arctic Ocean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.