motorgeek.com
https://www.motorgeek.com/

B3 82mm front knuckle part #
https://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=218707
Page 1 of 1

Author:  RennenMsports [ Mon May 11, 2020 3:33 pm ]
Post subject:  B3 82mm front knuckle part #

I have a 91’ 80q with cast front control arms. I’m in search of the part # to convert it to 82mm bearings so I can do the 5 bolt conversion with urs front hubs. I’ve come across several different numbers and would like to get the right ones. Any help?

Author:  varia [ Mon May 11, 2020 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

cast control arm is forged.
cq, 20v 90 has the proper knuckle for the 82mm wheel bearing

Author:  DE80q [ Tue May 12, 2020 1:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

I'll look and see what etka has to say in the morning Andy. You could also find a set of B4 knuckles and strut housing to do the same job.

Author:  RennenMsports [ Tue May 12, 2020 3:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

Ok great. Thanx guys! That pretty much answers my question. Just didn’t want to find out however long later they are wrong that’s all

Author:  M2ki [ Sat May 23, 2020 3:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

Don't use urs hubs. Use regular c4 quattro rear hubs.
You'll have wrong offset with urs hubs.

Author:  varia [ Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

M2ki wrote:
Don't use urs hubs. Use regular c4 quattro rear hubs.
You'll have wrong offset with urs hubs.


c4 quattro rear hub has the same offset as the CQ and S2.

urs4/s6/v8 hub has a bit extra offset, but not wrong, many many ppl were using it successfully in the past.

His biggest problem is the knuckle

Author:  M2ki [ Sun May 24, 2020 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

varia wrote:
M2ki wrote:
Don't use urs hubs. Use regular c4 quattro rear hubs.
You'll have wrong offset with urs hubs.

has a bit extra offset, but not wrong, many many ppl were using it successfully in the past.


And about the hub carriers, 20V and V6 difference is bolt holes, 20V uses M12 bolts and V6 uses M14.
As all the B4 in the US were V6, then you just buy any V6 hub carriers and uprights, buy c4q rear hubs, machine off 5mm to clear the hub carrier.
And you have 1:1 copy of S2 hub and hub carrier combo.

Stock offset, stock discs, stock calipers. No need to find a disc, caliper carrier + caliper compo or use somekind of adapters.

urs4/s6/v8 hub has less offset. Track will become narrower.

urs4/s6/v8 on the left and S2/B4 front hub/C4q rear hub on the right

Image

Author:  RennenMsports [ Sun May 24, 2020 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

Ok. But as of now I need to use 4 front urs hubs so I can have 4 front b5 s4 inner and outer cv’s all the way around. The axle shafts I haven’t gotten yet but will be getting soon.

Author:  varia [ Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

M2ki wrote:
varia wrote:
M2ki wrote:
Don't use urs hubs. Use regular c4 quattro rear hubs.
You'll have wrong offset with urs hubs.

has a bit extra offset, but not wrong, many many ppl were using it successfully in the past.


And about the hub carriers, 20V and V6 difference is bolt holes, 20V uses M12 bolts and V6 uses M14.
As all the B4 in the US were V6, then you just buy any V6 hub carriers and uprights, buy c4q rear hubs, machine off 5mm to clear the hub carrier.
And you have 1:1 copy of S2 hub and hub carrier combo.

Stock offset, stock discs, stock calipers. No need to find a disc, caliper carrier + caliper compo or use somekind of adapters.

urs4/s6/v8 hub has less offset. Track will become narrower.

urs4/s6/v8 on the left and S2/B4 front hub/C4q rear hub on the right

Image


I think i was one of the first one who used this c4 q rear hub on the front of my cq, like 6 years ago
However the urs4/6 is more common and they are disk/bracket combos out there, so doesnt really matter which one you buy.
(i assume nobody wants to use the stock g60....)

Author:  RennenMsports [ Mon May 25, 2020 5:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

G60’s would be fine by me. Just not sure what to use for bolt on oem brakes front and rear. I don’t want anything fancy or something hard to find and expensive

Author:  M2ki [ Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

RennenMsports wrote:
Ok. But as of now I need to use 4 front urs hubs so I can have 4 front b5 s4 inner and outer cv’s all the way around. The axle shafts I haven’t gotten yet but will be getting soon.


Regular C4 quattro hubs use same CV joints as urs ones. For front you can you use V6 driveshafts and CV joints, bolt on to S2 / urs / c4 q hubs.

For rear you'll need to machine the hubs and use other bearings to fit the 82mm hub to a 75mm carrier.

Author:  varia [ Mon May 25, 2020 5:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

on the rear you can use b5 a4 q rear hub, 75mm bearing
a few mm wider, however works well with urs4/6/V8 rear brake caliper, or D2 S8 alu, B5 S4 rear caliper bracket and disk
(these are cheap parts, easy to obtain, and great upgrade)

I did it many times on urq, b3 90q, b3 cq

Attachment:
IMG_5845.JPG
IMG_5845.JPG [ 5.65 MiB | Viewed 764 times ]

Author:  RennenMsports [ Tue May 26, 2020 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

Ok. Will c4q rear hubs spline into front outter b5 s4 cv’s

Author:  M2ki [ Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

I don't know if B5 cv's clear the hub carrier. Splines should be the same. "Big" hubs have 38 teeth. 90 V6, S2, C4 regular and S.

Why do you want to use B5 cv joints?

Author:  RennenMsports [ Tue May 26, 2020 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

The guy on the S2 forum makes shafts to fit all 8 front b5 s4 inner and outer cv joints at all 4 corners of my b3. Using 4 front urs hubs with a 6mm spacer. Using a bmw e36 rear wheel bearing part# 33412220987 which is 42x75x37. I would need to machine 2 urs front hubs down to about 42.2mm to work.
Attachment:
E374C117-72BB-499D-9F81-8445DBD75CCA.png
E374C117-72BB-499D-9F81-8445DBD75CCA.png [ 3.24 MiB | Viewed 735 times ]

Author:  varia [ Tue May 26, 2020 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

RennenMsports wrote:
The guy on the S2 forum makes shafts to fit all 8 front b5 s4 inner and outer cv joints at all 4 corners of my b3. Using 4 front urs hubs with a 6mm spacer. Using a bmw e36 rear wheel bearing part# 33412220987 which is 42x75x37. I would need to machine 2 urs front hubs down to about 42.2mm to work.
Attachment:
E374C117-72BB-499D-9F81-8445DBD75CCA.png


why do you over complicate a simple thing?
If you really want a stronger axle, get a B3 FWD (manual) for the rear of your car, and a B4 FWD (manual) to the front and call it a day.
That will be good for 560whp, 40 psi

Author:  RennenMsports [ Thu May 28, 2020 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

I could never really find any other way until you just told me. Thank u!!! But there’s still one predicament. Available parts to fix it. B5 S4 cv’s are readily available

Author:  M2ki [ Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: B3 82mm front knuckle part #

B5 cv joints don't fit into B3/B4 hub carrier. At least not with the ABS ring.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/