Automobiles Forum banner

1985 Euro Ur-q with 3B

11K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  ralleyquattro 
#1 ·
After long separation the 1985 Euro with 3B is returning under my wing next weekend. So happy to have her back!!
When we bought our first house back in 2006 the Ur-q had to go (needed $$ for downpayment).. always missed her all this time.. great trips, even brought my first born from the hospital in that car. Now she's back!!

Welcome home Sheila!

in 2000 I bought her from a friend of mine Ralf Wiesner in Germany.. here is his site:

http://www.audiurquattro.de/

The only trick was she needed a new head gasket before being driven across Germany to the shipyard in Poland.
Here is a picture of me doing the work at Ralf's shop, Jan 2001

Just before setting off on a 1200km trip

Driving across Germany

At the Gdynia shipyard ready to go into the container

Then couple of months later arriving in Canada
First a mandatory wash (Ministry of Agriculture)

It was February so she did have to see some snow.

Meeting with Mr Cook's Project... it was that long ago!!

Swap to Ronals:

I still had my first Ur-q at that point.

Spruced up before the first UPG meeting in CT

The drive down was great, thanks to Lino V for this shot.

Then another CT gathering

Then a 3B swap

Some Sport brakes...

And then we bought our house and she had to go.. few months before the sale:

2014 pickup day, shaking hands with her last castodian:

Ready to go home

Drive home

My son who was driven home in the car after he was born... excited to go for another drive

Hopefully many more nice drives to come

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool story!! A lot of eye candy in your buddies web site. :cheers: :thumbsup: :)

#4 ·
That's a real beauty! Are you running a stock program on the ECU? Also, please if you have any information on the airbox you are running on that 3B swap Id be greatly interested and appreciative. Thanks!

#9 ·
Did bunch of work on Sheila lately:

- Main radiator change and put the a re-cored aux back in with all of the original shrouding.
- Fixed the digi dash, lucky it was just bulb issues
- Thanks to Matt C Sheila is now sporting quattro script seats, fronts converted to both height adjust and seat-back release.
- Fuba electric antenna back in, same one that was in there before the same many moons ago!
- Threw out the Pioneer CD and installed Audi Gamma radio, much better!
- Removed the aftermarket blow off valve and installed new RR intake pipe.
- Removed home made catch can (Mercede power steering reservoir)... not sure who came up with that one but it was not working well and pissing oil all over the place. Installed proper PCV pieces back in.
- Installed brand new H4/H1 thanks to Audi Tradition, with HIDs... now I can see where I am going at night.
- Replaced the failed bomb
- Brand new oil cooler shroud thanks to Audi Tradition!

Still to be done

- MFTS needs replacing, need to pull the rad out to do that.. :(
- Wheels need a coat of silver paint, ATM they are painted flat grayish tone
- Factory by-pass valve needs to go back in.
- EGT gauge has an intermittent problem

Pics to follow!

#11 ·
This was relatively quiet summer for Sheila.
I was away in Poland for part of the summer so only couple of events.

First the June Jitterbug.. nothing like 4 urquattros going for a drive:
Thanks to Mark A for taking the '84 to the event.

Then Sheila got to do the Stayner Air and classic car show:

Again, 4 Ur-quattros not too shabby.

She was also at Vagkraft, however I forgot the camera and no one at the show took any pictures of my car :(
So nothing to show for it.

She is going to the monthly meeting tonight and then probably off to winter hibernation in couple of weeks.

#12 ·
Few small updates.

3" downpipe and exhaust installation, sounds soo much better.
Also had the RR inner fender installed so the RR airbox has a proper home instead of just a hole in the inner fender. ;)

And few glamour shots to boot.

Attachments

#17 ·
The tail pipes are not stock, they are made to look like stock but are each 3"
Craig made jigs etc to make sure it fits like OE and looks like OE but is 3" instead.
He has made 3 sets so far.
If you ask him nicely enough and throw a bag of $$ his way he might just be talked into making some more.

Attachments

#18 ·
Ahh, clear now with the head-2-head pics. I figured the factory dual pipes would flow enough to match a 3" exhaust but, sure, why not go bigger!

Congrats on a beauty of a car there. I finally got a chipped AAN ECU into mine thanks to Steve Eiche, and the Urq is brilliant with the 20v engine.

#20 ·
ejfluhr said:
Ahh, clear now with the head-2-head pics. I figured the factory dual pipes would flow enough to match a 3" exhaust but, sure, why not go bigger!

Congrats on a beauty of a car there. I finally got a chipped AAN ECU into mine thanks to Steve Eiche, and the Urq is brilliant with the 20v engine.
Craig's first (on his own car) system had just the 2.5" exiting the muffler.
But we agreed that for the OEM look they need a flare just like originals.
This was the "long box" version, a bit more refined. Mine is the "short box" and pretty loud!

Yes, IMHO nothing better than just a chipped 20vt for a daily/fun runner.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.