Automobiles Forum banner

4000 Quattro MC2 (NOW 3B!!) Turbo Conversion - Alaska Style

5K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  Namreg Rac 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It is that time again. Time to do another Alaskan 4000 Quattro conversion project. (What better place to turbograde a 4K) This time we will be doing an MC2 conversion into a 4000 quattro which we will call the, "Audi 800,000 S Quattro." Instead of shooting for 600 WHP like a few of the motorfaithfuls, we will be shooting for the stock power of a 200TQ (whatever that is) using the original CIS and ECU. *For Now* - Later plans include making as much power as we can/afford and still be able to drive on the street. No specific HP "goals" for now.

First step: Find a 4000

Behold :eek:
Landismobile 1).JPG

We purchased this 4000 Quattro ice race destroyer with a Di Vinci esque fresh coat of flat black paint ala rattle can. Interior was completely torn apart and the steering wheel had no lock spring and washer. Suspension twerked when pushing on the "rear" so we ordered up some Bilstiens. A good thing was that it had absolutely no rust. Of course it didn't start.

photo 2 (2).JPG

Got it home, replaced the spring ride with Bilstiens and started looking for a motor. Actually we just called Chris at F5 and ordered up an entire MC2. He is preparing to ship it up to us right now. We put the interior back together, fixed some wiring issues with the windows and bought some sick 16" blades.
(We refers to myself and brother Lando Calrissian)

Dat Grave Yard

Dat Grave Yard.JPG

So the MC2 is on its way to Alaska. We need to order a flywheel, clutch and possibly an intercooler. Also going to need motor mounts, a center drive shaft bearing and a down pipe. Other then that we have the JT motor ready to pull except we need to get an engine hoist. We work a 2 week on 2 week off schedule so our progress will move accordingly. We are currently at work now. Anyways, any advice is welcome, unless it is shitty. Thread recommendations, tips and suggestions are great for these projects. We did an AAN conversion early this year and from what I have heard this is a larger job in terms of fabrication. AAN took about 5 months so we are shooting to have this on the road in 3. (Yeah fucking right!)

Turbo

Engine Bay.JPG

Parts and such.JPG

Face N' Ass.JPG

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Search "angrytaco". He did a CIS 4K MC1 swap. Lots of good info in his build thread.

He might still be selling the URQ cis items that will make life much easier for you. Also, try to find a URQ down pipe. It will fit pretty much perfectly.

#6 ·
DE80q said:
Search "angrytaco". He did a CIS 4K MC1 swap. Lots of good info in his build thread.

He might still be selling the URQ cis items that will make life much easier for you. Also, try to find a URQ down pipe. It will fit pretty much perfectly.
Just found and purchased the URQ down pipe. Looks like the Angry Taco was looking to buy the URQ CIS so I didn't ask him. Does that just make it so you don't have to cut out a section of the inner fender wall?

#7 ·
Angry taco was selling his URQ CIS setup last I looked. He is going VEMS. All I know about it is it makes installing the CIS system in a 4k much easier. It points thing in the correct direction. If you want, I can text him and ask if he is still trying to sell it.

Good move getting the URQ downpipe. Even in my B3 it fit perfectly.

#8 ·
DE80q said:
Angry taco was selling his URQ CIS setup last I looked. He is going VEMS. All I know about it is it makes installing the CIS system in a 4k much easier. It points thing in the correct direction. If you want, I can text him and ask if he is still trying to sell it.

Good move getting the URQ downpipe. Even in my B3 it fit perfectly.
Word. Yeah text him for me. That would be sweet.

#11 ·
All that you really want from that is the hat, and the air box. You need to use the fuel dizzy from the MC2.

#12 ·
Shameless plug for my MC1 swap. Lots of us here have done it, but also used it as a daily driver for years. The 10vt swap (with CIS) is probably the simplest swap you can do, plus its stupid easy. Wiring is minimal and you have a choice to use some Urq, 5ktq, custom, or a mix of them to make it how you want. I chose Urq bits (airbox, intercooler, and downpipe).
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4607

#13 ·
AudiSport4000 said:
Shameless plug for my MC1 swap. Lots of us here have done it, but also used it as a daily driver for years. The 10vt swap (with CIS) is probably the simplest swap you can do, plus its stupid easy. Wiring is minimal and you have a choice to use some Urq, 5ktq, custom, or a mix of them to make it how you want. I chose Urq bits (airbox, intercooler, and downpipe).
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, everything I said to look for :wink:

Your 4k 10vt was quite nice mike, shame you sold it.

#14 ·
DE80q said:
AudiSport4000 said:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was just stating there are lots of other places to find the info. Whats cool about swaps is that not one is the same from another! Each one is truly unique and pretty awesome.

Yeah, I had owned the car for a long time and was at a different spot with work and such. Worked out how it was supposed to but now I'm on the hunt to do another 10vt 4kq. I do like seeing people doing 10vt swaps...20vt swaps are a dime a dozen anymore (not that its a bad thing ;) ).

#15 ·
AudiSport4000 said:
DE80q said:
AudiSport4000 said:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was just stating there are lots of other places to find the info. Whats cool about swaps is that not one is the same from another! Each one is truly unique and pretty awesome.

Yeah, I had owned the car for a long time and was at a different spot with work and such. Worked out how it was supposed to but now I'm on the hunt to do another 10vt 4kq. I do like seeing people doing 10vt swaps...20vt swaps are a dime a dozen anymore (not that its a bad thing ;) ).
I know, just picking on you a little.

As for you doing another swap, we will have to talk. I'm sure you know I'm starting to build a 3B for mine.

#17 ·
Were you able to snag that URQ fuel dizzy?

#22 ·
This car was finished a couple years ago. Straight up 3B swap. Been sold a couple times since I finished it. It recently got a paint job and is still driving around Anchorage.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.