Automobiles Forum banner

ABZ Fiero

171K views 908 replies 54 participants last post by  Fbatwork 
#1 ·
I started this project about a month and a half a go now and it is coming along just fine i am installing a 4.2 ABZ in a 1988 Fiero Gt T top i am going to use a vems ecu from EFI Express . The transmission is a 012 due to it was cheap and available I would have liked a 6 speed 01X or 01E but not in the budget. my goal is to get it running by fall

See less See more
#854 ·
Looks better than just "pretty good". You have done some nice work. Car looks totally different without the side slats and the lower roof line.
Now you need to take it to a VAG gathering. They will either love it or hate it. Only the stupid will hate it.

Greg W.

#855 ·
thanks for the compliments as i know i love the look of the car and am glad other like the car as that means alot to me as since i was a young guy i always wanted a sports car that looked excotic and i think i have don it . i have been working on getting the mufflers tucked up and away so i have good ground clearance and are hidden from sight and right now it looks like they are going in at a 45 degree angle

#857 ·
it has been awhile since i have been on but i have made some progress with the car I actually took it out for a drive today and it ran pretty good it has a few things that need to be done on the tuning and i would love to go back to EFI express and have Marc tune it but for now i will try to work the tuning out my self

Attachments

#859 ·
I would need to go out and do some logging driving it on the street not really the smart thing to do on the street running it up 7000 rpm going through the gears i know doing that is fun as i have done it in the past but try not to do that stuff anymore i like to go to the race track to do that but the drag strip is just as far away as Mark is

#860 ·
worked on the exhaust and got some hangers on it and then i did one of the fastback inner trim parts that needed t be cut down i have not finished it yet but it is put back together using K tool Q-bond it works great i will do the driver side trim part tomorrow then all i need to do is make sure i smooth them out with filler and paint them with trim paint

Attachments

#862 ·
anyone running a megasquirt 3x can i ask what you set the gain at for your knock sensor i have set mine all to .5 as i had the gain to high and just sitting and running the car and reving it was setting off the knock sensor and retarding the timing but i know they should be a bit different for each cylinder as they are closer or further away from the knock sensor

#863 ·
Not sure this will help anyone but i was messing around with the Water/methanol control on the megasquirt 3x and i found i had the Hz set wrong for the solenoid as i had it to high so it was not running the solenoid on lower duty cycle like 30 percent duty so i was not getting any injection at 5 pounds of boost but now that i have it working right i can make a map of how much water/meth i need at x amount of boost and rpm giving me a better methanol delivery for better performance

#869 ·

Attachments

#870 ·
chassis dynamometer is all picked up and in my shop i have much to do to get it running most of it is cleaning it up and making it pretty . I have talked to some who have the same dyno they say you can do up to around 500 whp that will cover what i want to do

#871 ·
ok the 18 gauge sheet metal came in for the fiero rockers came in now i need to move the dyno so i can lower the fiero and make the rockers so this should happen in the next few weeks then she will be going to bed for the winter in the inclosed trailer i bought . life is good right now as i have a bunch of projects going on and i like it

#873 ·
it was cheap but it will do what i want as it is a old smog dyno with eddy brake, i need to spend $800 for software and data acquisition / brake controller and i have a 20 + foot camper trailer given to me the camper is junk ut the frame is strong and in great shape for mounting this dyno so i can travel with it and dyno a car if someone wants and the car owner can tune it or try to tune it

#876 ·
Been following along on the build. Awesome work!
A one of a kind car you have built here.
Definitely in for some dyno numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.