Automobiles Forum banner

Adapter brackets to fit Euro coupe/S2/cabrio rear bumper

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Mc1 
#1 ·
Hello, we finally ready to offer one of our first products!
Adapter Brackets to fit US spec CQ/Cabrio with Euro coupe/S2/cabrio rear bumpers.

-Laser Cut steel plate!
-CNC brake formed! All ONE piece, no welded ears, includes lead-ins like factory bracket for ease of bumper install.
-Bumper bolt nuts will be welded onto upper ear like factory euro part!
-Fully zinc plated for corrosion protection - No paint needed.
-Includes Aluminum/EPDM gasket sealing plate for bracket to body!
-2x Long bumper to bracket bolts - SHCS zinc plated
-6x Mounting bolts/washer/nylock nuts - zinc plated
-Shipped to lower 48

Price $95/pair (shipped to lower 48 via USPS 2-3 day priority mail) will be shipped within 24hr of receiving a payment. (excluding holidays and weekends)

VENMO or paypal(this price not including paypal fees if those applicable, or as friends and family works the best)

PM if you need more pictures or have any other questions.

Regards,
Edges

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
For anyone looking for another option or to purchase the ORIGINAL, they're available and ready to ship for just $75!

Laser cut from 1/8" thick cold rolled (not standard mild steel), wide plate to distribute forces over entire frame rail, tabbed and welded construction so any impact is spread into plate (rather than into a stressed bend than can fold over), welded studs, tabs have a minor lead-in for sliding on your euro bumper, hardware, and shipping included.

The ORIGINAL, engineered, fabricated and ready to ship, ready be painted to your desired color or coating, these adapters are the easy and TRUSTED way to install the European rear bumpers onto your car rather than a blatant copy.

$75 shipped within the lower 48

#3 ·
"The ORIGINAL, engineered, fabricated and ready to ship, ready be painted to your desired color or coating, these adapters are the easy and TRUSTED way to install the European rear bumpers onto your car rather than a blatant copy."

I find this more than amusing! Thank you for this perspective. Especially from the guy that shouts about people crapping on his threads. I'm also happy to hear that Dean16V invented the Euro to US B3 adapter bracket. A novel and complicated part?or simply matching two geometries that Audi created into one? I can probably find the pair of MIG'd together turds I fashioned up years ago for my own project that the photos above look strikingly similar to...

I'd like to point out that what started out as information sharing to help the community, turned into libel on your behalf. Not what I expected from the guy that "took his bow and walked away" and is supposedly helping the community to make creative parts.

From my observation it would appear that Edgesappy has a nice production finished part that's ready to bolt on and Dean16V has a hobby part ready to be cleaned and painted and bolted on. "Original" and "Trusted" appear to be irrelevant.

Lastly, anyone considering impact protection by using a euro bumper needs to take good long look at the impact load path and realize there is no protection. Using a euro rear bumper to improve the crashworthiness of your CQ/90 etc is NOT advised! IF any load can actually reach the brackets (maybe a nice square impact) the majority of either bracket are supported by thin chassis sheet metal where it's needed. I'm happy to provide FBD's showing load paths and show the calcs at why this is silly to even discuss. Unless we want to get into the discussion of material properties and how they degrade with a welded heat affected zone or shift due to being cold worked and formed - something we could all learn something from.

Cheers!

Brendan

#17 ·
I don’t know where to find the message on the site . I just need to know where I can order brackets and how I pay ? Sorry I’m not to good with computers . Do you have your own site ? Or do I purchase through this site ? Please let me know I really need these . Thanks marc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.