Automobiles Forum banner

B3 82mm front knuckle part #

4K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  M2ki 
#1 ·
I have a 91' 80q with cast front control arms. I'm in search of the part # to convert it to 82mm bearings so I can do the 5 bolt conversion with urs front hubs. I've come across several different numbers and would like to get the right ones. Any help?

#3 ·
I'll look and see what etka has to say in the morning Andy. You could also find a set of B4 knuckles and strut housing to do the same job.

#6 ·
M2ki said:
Don't use urs hubs. Use regular c4 quattro rear hubs.
You'll have wrong offset with urs hubs.
c4 quattro rear hub has the same offset as the CQ and S2.

urs4/s6/v8 hub has a bit extra offset, but not wrong, many many ppl were using it successfully in the past.

His biggest problem is the knuckle

#7 ·
varia said:
M2ki said:
has a bit extra offset, but not wrong, many many ppl were using it successfully in the past.
And about the hub carriers, 20V and V6 difference is bolt holes, 20V uses M12 bolts and V6 uses M14.
As all the B4 in the US were V6, then you just buy any V6 hub carriers and uprights, buy c4q rear hubs, machine off 5mm to clear the hub carrier.
And you have 1:1 copy of S2 hub and hub carrier combo.

Stock offset, stock discs, stock calipers. No need to find a disc, caliper carrier + caliper compo or use somekind of adapters.

urs4/s6/v8 hub has less offset. Track will become narrower.

urs4/s6/v8 on the left and S2/B4 front hub/C4q rear hub on the right

#9 ·
M2ki said:
varia said:
M2ki said:
has a bit extra offset, but not wrong, many many ppl were using it successfully in the past.
And about the hub carriers, 20V and V6 difference is bolt holes, 20V uses M12 bolts and V6 uses M14.
As all the B4 in the US were V6, then you just buy any V6 hub carriers and uprights, buy c4q rear hubs, machine off 5mm to clear the hub carrier.
And you have 1:1 copy of S2 hub and hub carrier combo.

Stock offset, stock discs, stock calipers. No need to find a disc, caliper carrier + caliper compo or use somekind of adapters.

urs4/s6/v8 hub has less offset. Track will become narrower.

urs4/s6/v8 on the left and S2/B4 front hub/C4q rear hub on the right

I think i was one of the first one who used this c4 q rear hub on the front of my cq, like 6 years ago
However the urs4/6 is more common and they are disk/bracket combos out there, so doesnt really matter which one you buy.
(i assume nobody wants to use the stock g60....)

#11 ·
RennenMsports said:
Ok. But as of now I need to use 4 front urs hubs so I can have 4 front b5 s4 inner and outer cv's all the way around. The axle shafts I haven't gotten yet but will be getting soon.
Regular C4 quattro hubs use same CV joints as urs ones. For front you can you use V6 driveshafts and CV joints, bolt on to S2 / urs / c4 q hubs.

For rear you'll need to machine the hubs and use other bearings to fit the 82mm hub to a 75mm carrier.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
The guy on the S2 forum makes shafts to fit all 8 front b5 s4 inner and outer cv joints at all 4 corners of my b3. Using 4 front urs hubs with a 6mm spacer. Using a bmw e36 rear wheel bearing part# 33412220987 which is 42x75x37. I would need to machine 2 urs front hubs down to about 42.2mm to work.
E374C117-72BB-499D-9F81-8445DBD75CCA.png

Attachments

#16 ·
RennenMsports said:
The guy on the S2 forum makes shafts to fit all 8 front b5 s4 inner and outer cv joints at all 4 corners of my b3. Using 4 front urs hubs with a 6mm spacer. Using a bmw e36 rear wheel bearing part# 33412220987 which is 42x75x37. I would need to machine 2 urs front hubs down to about 42.2mm to work.
why do you over complicate a simple thing?
If you really want a stronger axle, get a B3 FWD (manual) for the rear of your car, and a B4 FWD (manual) to the front and call it a day.
That will be good for 560whp, 40 psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.