motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: For Sale/For Trade :: Swap meet

FS: Tozo Rebuilt Audi D2 S8 Automatic Transmission

Post subject: FS: Tozo Rebuilt Audi D2 S8 Automatic Transmission
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:01 am 
I post, therefore I am

Pictures on Craigslist: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/ ... 98481.html

The previous owner of my car had the transmission was rebuilt at 183k miles in early 2017 by Gabor Zombori (Famous Audi trans rebuilder in Chicago, goes by Tozo on QuattroWorld and other Audi forums) a few months before I purchase it. Everything was rebuilt with OEM parts except for an upgraded Clutch A basket. The transmission now has 202k miles and has been shifting like a brand new car. The fresh transmission is the reason I bought the car in 2017 and has been great to have in Seattle traffic. Fortunately my commute has shortened and I am swapping in a manual transmission. These transmissions are the Achille's heel of the D2, so have confidence your car will be good to go for another 180k+ miles.

Unfortunately I do not have official receipts for the rebuild, only emails from Gabor confirming the work that was done. I am a well known local Audi fanatic and can provide references. I also purchased the car from a well known Quattro World'er in Colorado.

ATF is drained from the trans for removal and shipping, you will need to refill it.

Video of the car driving right before I pulled the car into the garage to 6MT swap in June: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07f4GnjoxfY&t=2s

Video from last year of the car driving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grceoVFtJE0&t=27s

ZF 5HP-24A Automatic transmission from a 2001-2003 Audi S8

4.11 final drive ratio, so you'd need to swap the rear diff if you wanted to put this in an A8.

May fit other Audi models (C5 4.2L A6, S6?), but you'll need to verify that yourself.

Rebuild cost $3500 + shipping the bad trans to/from Chicago

Asking $2500

Pickup in Burien, WA

I do have access to freight shipping and can ship within the USA with all costs being paid by the buyer.

Rough estimates I've gotten for Seattle to East Coast:

$500-600 for residential delivery with liftgate service. Extra for scheduled delivery.

$350-450 for commercial delivery (loading dock or forklift) or you pickup at the local freight depot.

If you're a serious buyer I can get exact freight quotes and transit times.

2003 Audi S8 (DD)
Past Audis: 87 CGT, 87 4kcsq, 93 S4, 90 CQ, 87 5ktq, 95.5 S6Avant, 86 CGT CE, 95 90qs 1.8T, 83 UrQ, 87 CGT 7A
Past P-cars: 80 931, 87 924S, 87 951

Profile Facebook 
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: For Sale/For Trade :: Swap meet

Jump to:  

Information