Automobiles Forum banner

Audi 90 turbo-quattro 1985

5K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  realcustoms 
#1 ·
Hello. I have a small workshop in which I am engaged in the restoration of cars from the 80s-90s. This is mainly Audi. I will post interesting projects one by one. The first will be the Audi 90.
Here's what came to me:

Disassembly began

See less See more
#2 ·
I started with welding. There was almost no rust on the body; only sills and rear arches were required to be replaced. An iron profile was welded into the sills to increase the rigidity of the body.

the battery has been moved to the trunk

Hydrohandler installed

On the rear and front there are spacers for the body glasses

Then everything is covered with epoxy primer and then paint. Bottom covered with gravel protection

#3 ·
The front suspension from the Audi 80 и4 and the stock rear went to sand processing

Then, as usual, epoxy primer and paint

Wheels for the winter p15, for the summer p16 also went through sand and painting

Calipers from audi s2

assembly

Springs H&R -35mm

Shock absorbers Bilstein B6

#4 ·
Before painting the body, you need to arrange everything in the engine compartment, make fasteners and other elements that should be painted, well, in general, try everything on so that you do not cut and cook on the new body. Motor 2.2 20v turbo (AAN)

gearbox 01e custom

Lightweight flywheel, double-leaf basket, this body should digest 600 + Nm

Manifold, 16 in-line mocal oil cooler, thin fan, piping and other tuning

vacuum booster from opel omega

front strut

#5 ·
Next, the most difficult thing is to install radiators without changing the appearance, so that the car has a drain outside, without the intercooler hanging under the bumper
fasteners to the side members

A spacer is screwed onto it, on which the intercooler is attached

Another element is the crankcase protection

The result, the grille and the bumper become, nothing is visible.
Then again everything will be sorted out to the bare body and will be painted.

#6 ·
Due to the different location of the turbine, I made a new oil supply line to the turbine.

Downpipe 70mm

I assembled the rear axle shafts, the CV joints sat down well, but still, for reliability, they were put on the lock, so that there would not be a backlash.
The sticks are covered with sand, painted and shrink-wrapped.

#7 ·
Everything was taken out from under the hood and the preparation of the body for painting began.

Some elements are sandwiched and, together with problem areas in the engine compartment, are covered with epoxy, then, where necessary, joint sealant.

#13 ·
go ahead

With the wings, everything was complicated, I had to spend a couple of days to create a new

Aluminum shields for protection from dirt

Motor in place

To reduce the length of the motor and hide the intercooler with a bumper, I had to grind off the crankshaft pulley

At the same time, replacing the tired crankshaft gear and removing the plunger from the power steering pump to the brake circuit. The alternator belt is now shorter because no viscous coupling and air conditioning

The collector and downpipe are wrapped in a thermal wrap

#14 ·
Preparation and painting of the rest of the body parts.
For a 30+ year old car, this is not an easy process. Most of the elements simply cannot be found in a living state.

The same goes for everything else: the wiper mechanisms

Everything was filmed down to metal. Then it was leveled, filled with epoxy

Painting

#15 ·
The time has come to make a new wiring. Since the battery migrated into the trunk, I began by laying a new power one for the generator, starter, fuse box, and also the mass.

Further, AEM additional devices + VAG devices were purchased. ECUmaster brain, wires, heat shrink, etc.

The brain was located in the cabin under the panel and from there he spread the wiring

Vag additional devices overexposed diodes that would fit into the tone of the rest of the illumination

Made a podium instead of a duct grill

Refurbished headlights

#19 ·
Assembly

Since the car will be intensively used in winter, all the spars are flooded with Movil and the hidden elements are missed with pushers, a metal pallet protection is also installed.

And an aluminum fuel pump.

Welded exhaust 70mm, with stock can at the end

Since there is a new gearbox, I had to change it from fur to an electronic speedometer

And illuminate the tidy with diodes

Installed a racing wheel

#25 ·
The stock cooling system couldn't cope, so I installed a large aluminum radiator and a more powerful fan.
The standard coils were also replaced with fsi. the regular ones probably struck and after an excess of 1.2 bars they stopped sparking

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.