Automobiles Forum banner

Audi 80 10v turbo Quattro

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  realcustoms 
#1 ·

There is a body for 83 years. At the moment, it has been completely disassembled and awaiting restoration. A fast road car will be assembled, keeping the original style.
The first step was to disassemble the suspension, cleaned, painted the subframes, replaced absolutely everything, the front levers from the B4 with large brakes. Springs -30mm.

See less See more
#4 ·
I completely disassembled the body and began to cook. All-wheel drive 80s have a skirt under the bumper in the back, which visually makes the car lower, but the thresholds in the stock are not of the same shape, so I made new ones according to my own layout. In the rapids I laid fuel pipes. He also welded all the holes in the floor, and new rear arches. There was a trunk. There you need to come up with a platform for batteries and podiums for a sub.

Collected the cylinder head, since the car will be for every day, the valves and channels are stock, turbo k24, metal cylinder head gasket.
New guides, hydraulic lifters, oil scraper, valves restored flow.

#5 ·
I started to line up everything and a question arose with the placement of the battery. There is little space in the trunk, so I moved it under the seat.

I made a new floor in the trunk, a rear strut and a mount for the subwoofer cabinet.

The hydraulic handbrake, in theory, when the carpet lies down, everything will look like a drain.

Arranged everything under the hood

New exhaust on 60mm pipe and stock muffler at the outlet.

Then everything sorted out again and the bare body began to prepare for processing and painting

The places where the metal was replaced were primed with acid and anticorrosive soils, I missed the joints with a sealant and 3 layers of anti-gravel.

#6 ·
interesting setup. Why did you go for a smaller aftermarket waste gate instead of a factory one?

#8 ·

the insides of the arches are also covered with anti-gravel and varnish on top.

Since the front wheels were sticking out of the arches, others had to be done. Welding, acid, epoxy primer, anti-gravel, varnish.

Further preparation of the outer part of the body

#10 ·
Painted the engine compartment and began to assemble. The color is very similar to the one in which the car was painted from the factory, maybe a little brighter.

Collected the motor. New cylinders, KS rings, KS liners, victor reinz gaskets, cylinder head gasket metal from aan

Audi 2.7tt injectors, custom rake. I also welded and polished the plane of the exhaust manifold.

Made a new motor wiring:
Starter / alternator

Harness for sensors and tidy

General form

Wrote a preliminary firmware

#13 ·
After finishing the wiring under the hood, he began to restore the rest, nothing worked in the car except the brake light.

It was also necessary to collect one of 2 devices,

I put the rear strut and the mass off button.

I laid the brake lines and installed the calipers. Before: two-piston G60 280mm,

rear: stock wheels and front calipers on them from the Golf.

Rear camber rods - custom

The wheels chose three-piece PLS evolution, front 8j, rear 9j.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.