Automobiles Forum banner

Project 80 quattro Avant with 2.5TDI, 6-speed and S2 bits.

56K views 119 replies 28 participants last post by  ralleyquattro 
#1 ·
Like my 90q is not rare enough I've decided I needed something more..

First idea was to get a tired S2 and throw in the tdi into it.
Then use the ABY to power my SQ project.
But, S2s are actually going up in value and it's hard to find a car that has good body for peanuts.

So.. I managed to find a very rare car indeed, probably as rare as an S2 itself, but for a lot less.

Here is a 1993 Audi 80 quattro 2.3E Avant. with the NG engine.. ;)

My good friend Pawel Rydel, the one who found me the previous 2.5tdi engine is going to do the conversion on the other side of the pond...
Makes things a bit easier on me, and he has access to all the parts needed anyway.
He already found the donor car with AAT engine.

And has already started to take it out and apart (for new belts gaskets etc. etc.)

Plan is

6-speed gearbox (already purchased)
Large injectors and matching software
S2 ABY front crossmember and I/C (already purchased)
S2 front and rear bumpers (already purchased)
S2 Avant suspension all around (already purchased).
Quattro script interior with Recaro S2 fronts

More updates as they go.

See less See more
#7 ·
I am sure it will be visiting Ottawa plenty of times on our way to see family.
Not sure how long but I estimate few months for the build to be complete and then shipping here.
I am feeling upset that I am not the one actually building this, but at least I cut my teeth on the 90.

Cheers

#10 ·
Bit of an update.

Here is a turbo that will be used. A custom header will be made to hold this sucker up.

Already have the proper tdi pedal cluster with tps sensor.
Next on the list is a clutch and 3.89 rear end to match the 01E 6-speed that will be going in there.

I also bought few other parts.

ABY intercooler and crossmember

To go behind the S2 bumper. Looks like the same color.. :D

Full S2 suspension

And few better pics of the car itself.

#11 ·
Wow! Now that's awesome! :cool: Keep it coming!

#12 ·
Why can't we have cool cars, and parts, like that in the states? There is no such thing as an 80 Avant here, and no 2.5tdi (unless I am mistaken). I am so jealous! I would love to do something like this! I might have to settle with a 90cs Q 1.9tdi. Probably the best I could make over here.......

#13 ·
Again, nice project ralleyquattro. That s the most interresting, avant and diesel. I ll take a ticket :D
Love the 80Q and 90Q but we dont have much around here. Got one 3 years ago in usa.

I must plan the summer vacantion this summer to see this from my own eyes. Where are you in Ontario ralleyquattro ?

Tought the 6speed has 4.11. How ever if you need the rear 3.89 i have one sitting here from a 90Q. It been remove from the 90Q for a S4 20VT swap into the 90Q with 01E6speed 4.11.

Keep us update ralleyquattro. I ll be here for reading.

#15 ·
This is an awsome project! I wish we had the 80 avant in the states.

So... whats the plan for the original bumper? I like it.

#18 ·
I would hate to see that bumper hit the trash pile. :(

Either way, this is going to be fun to watch happen. :D

#19 ·
Thats wicked sweet
I wish I could have found a wagon... But the sedan aren't bad

#21 ·
00basil00 said:
Its a zender lip on a stock bumper
I picked that up from your first post :wink:

Im looking into doing a b4/cq fender swap on my B3 and dont like the 2 piece bumper used in the us market. But this setup would look sweet, I think.

#24 ·
Very Nice! I would love a 2.5 TDI to swap into my 4000CS quattro... Then I would have two Alpine white TDI powered cars!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.