Automobiles Forum banner
481 - 489 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
How about an update the last one was back in April.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Well the update is that there is no update............

I just drive it about when I feel like it and it has yet to let me down, hmmmmmmm I have probably jinxed it now.

I have been a bit quiet with this as I spent a fair bit of time moving house last year.
However, the new house has got a double garage so no more working on the car outside in the wet and cold, happy days.

I need to crack on with a few DIY jobs in the new house (new bathrooms, general decorating and a heap of landscaping), so when these are half way sorted I have a bunch of projects lined up.

So look out for more rambling and random photos in the future.

Hilly

·
Registered
2 Posts
bin looking kit cars!!they show conversion of Sierra front uprights using ball joints top and bot looking into it for my esprit,the roads here are bad,trunnions don t have very long life!! any thoughts?also due to old leg injury and wanting to keep Esprit trying to find auto transmission to fit the rover engine again any thoughts? my wife says get rid of the car!! no chance! d one many conversions myself over the years must admit you have done ex job

·
Registered
275 Posts
Incredible build. As an esprit fanatic, im so impressed by this. Excellent, I mean EXCELLENT work. You're one of the best fabbers I've seen!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Hilly,

I have read through your whole Lotus conversion thread and am very motivated to do something similar. I have done many engine swaps in the past. My current daily driver is a 2004 Crossfire that I swapped a 5.5L Mercedes V8 into. I am thinking about finding a 89 or newer Lotus and swapping in the new 412hp Ford coyote V8. I would be using the Renault transaxle as many Ford GT40 kit cars do. I was wondering if you knew if this engine will fit? it is 27.5 inches wide, 26 inches tall and 28 inches long. How does this compare to the Audi 4.2? Any chance of making it work? Thank you for any help you can give.

481 - 489 of 489 Posts