Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
is that at the stock length Martin, or is it at the 01e length without a 15mm spacer? Why not ditch the spacer and get a free 5/8"?

That looks a lot like my IC, but the updated bar and plate design. I wish I was working with a serp setup like you are though. I may bite the bullet soon and re-balance the assembly with the AAN setup. Why is the 9" too tall? Does it hit the crank pulley?

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
My Custom manifolds look just like that, and htey clear fine. It is really a lot worse than it really is. I would wait ti ll the hood is on to make a choice. :) Also, on the gear selector.. I shortened mine on the 016 to a shorter throw on the shifter. I just cut out .25" to lower it. You could do the same thing with the two you have there. Just cut the 01e shifter portion at the base, and weld on the 016 portion. It is cast, but weldable. If you lower it like that, you may find that it does not hit the tunnel as well.

We call those toofers around here.. Gaining two things with one cut and weld.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
So what ball are you using on the end of the urS arm? Shoot, I though lowering everything woldmake it possible to get i off the tunnel, but the casing may not allow that.

Mike, Should I send two or three sets of spacers out to Martin? :) I keep trying to figure out a way to get into this Canadian threesome of SQ builders :)

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Good work Martin. This weekend I flogged the URQ quite a bit with the 01e setup/spacers, and everything held up fine with no complaint. I think we have a winner. I trimmed the drivers spacer demension a bit, and will post up the final measurement I went with the next time the car is on the lift.

Look out for a set of your own :)

Hank

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
No, but that is sortof the point of the mounts. They "practically solid"... ie, they should keep the engine solid from any movement. The stiffer rubber does, but the crimp is not up to snuff. If I wanted to limit movement with a snub, I would keep the mounts stock.

If the crimp is welded, the mount functions as intended.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
The snub will stop vertical movement, but not front to back movement. Shifting gets lots smoother when that movement is eliminated. For this reason the 034 mounts are so nice. They secure the car with very little vibration noise.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I can't belive that you cut your core support!!!! Looks great Martin. I was going to PM you this, but your thread documents the 01e pretty well. I removed my small 8mm spacer on the passenger side cv to space out the half shaft. I have been running like that for a couple thousand miles now with no issue. The Drivers still requires the 33ish mm spacer, and that will make it out to you really soon.

Hank

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Martin, I would be nervous about htat clearance with any sort of rubber motor mount. With the 034 density mounts, I had about 1/4 inch worth of clearance. It would ever so slightly hit the core after hard brake.

That said, How come you can not scoot the motor back more?

Hank

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.