·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Finally,

A new project page.

Another 84 in town that's great. I think that's now 5 84's
in the Toronto group!!...Tornado red is the best colour :D

I can't wait to see the pics.

Maybe we can all go to Carlisle together?

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
So now I am at a first crossroad... shall I stick with analog dash or go digidash?
I like the unique factor for the digi, it's so 80s, but at the same time most people prefer the analog (Scottish plonkers included ;)

Cheers
Analog :bump: :slap: the Scottish plonker has spoken.........

Looks great Martin. We're going to be twins when this is
all said and done.

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
white 83UrQ said:
Looks like a vacuum brake setup?
Yes, I thought about keeping the hydraulic, but for simplicity sake I chose the vacuum.. plus I had all the parts handy.
If anyone needs any hydraulic parts I have like two or three complete systems now.. ;)
Looks great Martin!!!!

I'm really glad you went with the vacuum brakes.....much cleaner IMO, and less weight.

I can't wait to see this thing running.

Brilliant project.

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ShavedQuattro said:
So what ball are you using on the end of the urS arm? Shoot, I though lowering everything woldmake it possible to get i off the tunnel, but the casing may not allow that.

Mike, Should I send two or three sets of spacers out to Martin? :) I keep trying to figure out a way to get into this Canadian threesome of SQ builders :)
Don't forget me Hank :D

Craig

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
quattro87 said:
Craig, he wouldn't forget you on that end, just make sure Martin remembers me on this end. :wink: :D
John ,

I like this idea of us pooling our resources, as long as we are all happy
at the end off the day, I'm all for it. It's a nice feeling helping each other out.

I think more people should pool their resources in certain situations.

There's no need to re-invent the wheel every time. Were all here on this forum for
the same reason. :cheers: :cheers:

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
Yes, the holes might prove to be too much for my weak heart so I still may shove them in the engine compartment. Keeping the shell original and not cutting anything was my goal from the start. I know, sick isn't it. Craig is probably rolling his eyes now.

Yep, dealer.. it wasn't even that bad, less than $70 for 2 oz. of plastic.. ;)
OMG get it done already and let's here the thing running........I never cut things up :D

Man up and let's get moving forward.............bloody hell already...........and then some

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Martin it was a good day.

80's music,beer and wrenching............what could be better.

Your making great progress Martin.........keep it up over the next few days.
Sorry about the core support.......not.

You've got to do what you've got to do. It's like fitting a 5lb bag in 1lb space!!!!!!!!

I like the way it's turning out.

After I left you, I took out the quattro and gave it a good beating...............these cars rock!!

You need a better welder also.......I'm embarressed with those tack welds I did.
Oh well.........."you can only piss with the cock you've got"

Good day.

Cheers,

Craig Cook.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Great progress Martin!!!

Hopefully she'll come to life tomorrow.....

Just for the record for all the urq pursuists, I did feel bad about cutting the core support for about
5 seconds..............It's a easy thing to repair if need be. I went through many hours of frustration
trying to package everything neatly on my urq, and I knew what had to be done..........let get this thing
running.

Again great progress Martin.

Cheers,

Craig .

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Looking good Martin.

It won't be long.......I can almost smell it.

We have to organize a drive this summer for sure, I was thinking Mosport for the International Vintage
Racing festival June 17th.

We can get as many Audi's as possible and head out for the day. Maybe some guys from the States could
come also?

Keep up the great work

Cheers,

Craig.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.