Automobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well, that's the thing, my SQ will be the rally monster with Bufkin dash etc. But this is going to be a daily summer car.

I have a complete RR digi harness (new) and all the components ready to go.
I am not worried bout the digi not keeping up, I rarely look at the the tacho anyway, keep it in gear till it stops pulling or the rev limiter kicks in.. ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
If you have the harness all ready and it's just going to be a ~300hp DD, then I'd say go for it. They are unique and like you say so 80's. What color digi?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That digi goes up to usual I5 redline of 6500rpm at which point the entire rev counter starts to flash.
I used to have it in my 3B '85 Ur-q which originally came with a green unit.

I have both the green Euro and Orange US version. Now, which version shall I use?
Green digi has a neat feature of having the trip computer readout in German and has a boost gauge built in.. not good over 1 bar of boost though.. :(

CHeers

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Both orange and green have 7000rpm as the end of the scale.
Funny because the RR (same as 3B) redlines at 7500.

·
Registered
12,840 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
Dubbinchris said:
ralleyquattro said:
Might have to get the brand new black set in there.. not the end of the world.
Where is that avail?
Audi. Just sit down before you ask them for a price.. ;)
I picked up couple of sets when they were on a fire sale couple of years back.
Ah....so you have a spare then eh? :lol:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
So now I am at a first crossroad... shall I stick with analog dash or go digidash?
I like the unique factor for the digi, it's so 80s, but at the same time most people prefer the analog (Scottish plonkers included ;)

Cheers
Analog :bump: :slap: the Scottish plonker has spoken.........

Looks great Martin. We're going to be twins when this is
all said and done.

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So, bit of an update. Wife and kids went away for the weekend so I got some time to play.
It was a hectic schedule but got things done.
All wiring harnesses are in, carpets are also back in.
But, the main goal was to finish the engine assembly and install in the car.

Being a MOFW here are the pics.

Head on and tightening of the head studs.. I hear these have to be retorqued after 1000 miles?

7A cover for the retro look.. ;)

MTM manifold needed a bit of massaging to fit with with phenolic spacer, not much but enough to need a grinder.. :(

Shifter option # 1 is full RS2 setup using the A6 shifter pedestal to save from cutting the floor.
This option makes it very easy on the transmission end, but still requires a bit of tweaking on the interior side.

Shfter option #2 is 016/UrS4 inner portion, however the tranny end is a bit tricky.

She looks very comfortable there ;)

That intake is a bit close to the front clip, next step is to start getting that Intercooler in there, I think the one I got is bit too big.. we'll see

More to follow.

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
hahah ok thats cool too, did you get in touch with jim, hes got brown seatbelts and all sorts of stuff from his 84 thats going back to black

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Martin, that thing looks great!!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
:woowoo: Good job Martin. It looks like it's coming along nicely.

41 - 60 of 563 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.